Coder With A Blog: Day 29: More work on Dungeons!

Sunday 10 November 2013

Day 29: More work on Dungeons!

Hey!

I've been putting a lot of working into the procedurally generated dungeons, and it's coming along nicely! At the moment I have different rooms - corridor and an open space - that generate seamlessly between each other! Here's a rundown on how I'm handling dungeons:

1. Upon entering the dungeon, two numbers are chosen - the number of floors, and the number of rooms in the current floor before the ladder to the next floor down is generated

2. Each time you clear a floor, a new number is generated to handle the amount of rooms on the floor being generated

3. At runtime, as you progress through the dungeon, triggers are set off which generates the next part of the floor based off a number of pre-made rooms (I plan on having so many different rooms that no dungeon will ever be the same :D - i.e. if I have 20 prefabs, and each floor has say, 10 rooms, and each dungeon has 10 floors, then that's a hell of a lot of dungeons that can be generated :D)

4. When the dungeon is completed, a boss battle room will be generated based on the current dungeon (I might even make 3 similar bosses with different weak spots for each dungeon, so that the battle will change each time you clear the dungeon)

Screenshots: (W.I.P)


No comments :

Post a Comment