Coder With A Blog: Day 4: A.I work!

Wednesday 16 October 2013

Day 4: A.I work!

Hey everyone!

Today I managed to add a proper health system to the game. Enemies have 2 sets of health - shield and health. If shield is enabled it will be drained first before the enemies' actual health is drained, allowing armour and shields to be set up on enemies without much difficulty. I still need to work on the pathfinding, but enemies will now deal damage to the player (game closes if you die, need to make a death screen). I've also added a knockback effect so that an enemy is thrown backwards when hit with your sword. This applies for all enemies out of the box, and even accounts for the size of the enemy. At the way the A.I. is layed out, one script should work on all enemies (except boss battles) while still allowing them to having their own behaviour. I can't exactly post screenshots of any of the new features, so take this instead! It's dangerous to go alone!

http://www.sanger.dk

No comments :

Post a Comment