Coder With A Blog: Trouble in Unity Town

Saturday 5 October 2013

Trouble in Unity Town

So recently I updated to the latest version of Unity3d (4.2) because it seemed really promising. I'm a big fan of Unity and 4.2 has better support for 2d animation and a new 3d animation system called "Mecanim". I was pretty disappointed when I updated to 4.2 however. When I launch, if I try to open an old project it crashes with no error report. If I finally manage to create a new project, as soon as I spawn a gameobject I get the same crash. It's impossible to do anything with it. I'm not ready to give up on Unity yet, because it's a great program, and it could be something on my end that's causing the crash, so I'm going to submit a bug report later today in the hopes I can get it fixed ;)

Happy Coding!

No comments :

Post a Comment