Coder With A Blog: Day 1: Zoxel!

Sunday 13 October 2013

Day 1: Zoxel!

Hey guys! I've finally managed to get Unity3d working, and I've started on a small game (I'll be posting more on that tomorrow). Anyway, Inspired by Minecraft and Cubeworld, I decided to try and make a voxel based RPG :D Don't worry, it won't be construction based, more like a dungeon crawler on par with Legends Of Yore and Mysterie. I spent a while trying to find various modeling programs that could help me with weapons, and I've finally settled on Zoxel. It's a great little program that allows you to place multi coloured cubes as if it was 2d pixel art, and then lets you export it as a .obj. I then load the models in to Blender and export them as a .fbx after renaming the materials! The result?


3 comments :

  1. Waiting for this. and you should put it on steam.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we will vote for it so dont worry :D

      Delete
    2. Thanks! I'll definitely consider putting it on Steam once I get the enemies and stuff added!

      Delete